Foul Play Not Suspected in Ocean View House Fire
The Hawai’i Police Department says that a 67-year-old man died on New Year’s Eve in a structure fire that occurred in Hawaiian Ocean View Estates.
HPD arrived at the scene in response to a 9 p.m. call where officers found Hawai’i Fire Department personnel at the home, located on the 92-9100 block of Lehua Lane.
Flames at the home had been extinguished but the house was still smoldering.
Officials found the body of the man, whose name is being withheld pending family notification, in a bedroom. At 1:50 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 1, the unidentified man was pronounced dead at the Kona Community Hospital.
The roommate of the victim told police that he has arrived home to find the house on fire and that his attempts to move the victim from the house, were unsuccessful.
An autopsy was conducted Friday morning but results are undetermined, pending toxicology results. The case has been classified as a coroner’s inquest. Foul play is not suspected.