Kaiwiki Bridge abutment project to run Nov. 13 through Jan. 3
The Department of Public Works Engineering Division, in collaboration with Isemoto Contracting Co., Ltd, is gearing up to undertake a crucial infrastructure improvement initiative aimed at stabilizing the abutment of the Kaiwiki Bridge.
- Project Name: E-4755 Kaiwiki Bridge #1 Abutment Stabilization
- Location: Kahoa Street (refer to the attached map)
- Scope of Work: Stabilization of the bridge embankment
- Project Duration: November 13, 2023, to January 3, 2024
- Traffic Impact: 24-hour road closure throughout the project’s duration
To ensure the safety of both workers and the general public, a portion of Kahoa Street will be temporarily closed around the clock for the duration of the project. Access to Honoliʻi Beach Park along Kahoa Street will be available exclusively from Nahala Street, accessible via Highway 19. To minimize any inconvenience, residents are strongly encouraged to plan their routes accordingly during this period.