Dengue Fever Community Meetings Scheduled
Additional dengue fever community meetings have been announced by Hawai’i County Civil Defense as the confirmed case count rose to 92 on Monday.
Meetings across the island began on Nov. 9 and ran through Nov. 17, covering topics pertaining to the dengue outbreak, the “Fight the Bite” campaign, and precautionary measures against being bit by dengue-carrying mosquitoes.
The recently announced meetings will begin on Tuesday and run through Thursday, Dec. 3 at different locations.
The meetings will run on the following schedule:
- Tuesday, Nov. 24 at 6:30 p.m. at the Mountain View School Cafeteria
- Friday, Nov. 27 at 6:00 p.m. at the Ocean View Community Center
- Monday, Nov. 30 at 6:00 p.m. at the Waimea Middle School Cafeteria
- Tuesday, Dec. 1 at 6:30 p.m. at the Kohala High School Cafeteria
- Thursday, Dec. 3 at 6:30 p.m. at the Pahoa High School Cafeteria
“The community is encouraged to attend these meetings to receive information on the ongoing outbreak,” said Darryl Oliveira, Civil Defense Administrator and dengue fever incident commander in a radio message.