DOE Closes Big Island Public Schools on Friday
The Department of Education has closed all Big Island public schools on Friday ahead of the arrival of Tropical Storm Ana.
A DOE news release says that all student and staff in these schools will be released following the end of the school day.
Additionally, all Big Island Interscholastic Federation sporting events have been cancelled beginning Thursday and lasting through the weekend.
The following schools are listed as designated shelters:
- Ka’u High and Pahala Elementary School
- Kea’au High School
- Kohala High and Elementary School
- Konawaena High School
- Kealakehe High School
- Hilo High School
- Waiakea High School
- Pahoa High and Intermediate School
- Honoka’a High and Intermediate School
- Waikoloa Elementary School