Fire Destroys One Paauilo Home, Damages Two Others
One Paauilo home was destroyed and two others damaged by a fire Wednesday night.
Firefighters responding to a 5:56 p.m. call at Paauilo Hui Loop found one home fully engulfed in flames and homes on either side beginning to burn.
All of the occupants of the homes were safely evacuated, a spokesman from the Honoka`a Fire Station said.
The spokesman said that the cause of the blaze was “accidental propane gas ignition.”
Damage to the home and its contents was estimated at $275,000.
No estimates were provided for the damage to the adjacent structures.