Big Island Now poll results: Thanksgiving is here and there are lots of preferred meal options
Thanksgiving is here!
Stores are packed this week people pick up everything that makes their family’s holiday special and unique. And we were curious what those meals might look like.
In the latest poll, we asked: Do you prefer a traditional Thanksgiving or a Hawaiian-style holiday meal?
The results are in and the traditional with turkey, potatoes and pumpkin pie was the winner with 204 votes out of 566.
Behind that was a mix. Turkey alongside some kalua pig with 135 votes.
See the full results below:
- Traditional all the way! Where’s the turkey, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie? 204 (36%)
- We do a mix. Why wouldn’t you want good old-fashioned roasted turkey and kalua pig on the same plate? 135 (23%)
- I’m not picky. Bring it all on! 100 (17%)
- Who needs traditional when you get Hawaiian style? Bring on the laulau, kalua pig and poke! 60 (10%)
- I don’t celebrate Thanksgiving. 33 (5%)
- Neither. I like to think outside the box for Thanksgiving dinner. Steak, anyone? 22 (3%)
- Isn’t kalua turkey technically traditional? 12 (2%)
- Total Votes: 566