Poll results: Halloween is here. Did you choose your candy wisely?
Halloween is a couple of days away and keiki are getting excited to don their costumes and go out on the prowl for candy, whether trick-or-treating in their neighborhood or a community trunk-or-treat.
According to CandyStore.com, a website where one can buy candy in bulk, the favorite candy nationwide is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. In Hawai‘i, the data reveals Hershey’s Mini Bars as the most popular candy, with Skittles coming second and Butterfinger at third.
With that in mind, we wanted to know what Big Island residents thought the best Halloween candy might be.
And the top choice?
None other than the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup with 147 votes. One commenter on the poll, John Fraser, agreed, but noted “bite-sized.”
Sixty-eight people voted that the CandyStore.com results were bogus, and the Fun Size Snickers was where it was at.
Although another commenter to the poll said “Twix!”
A total of 391 people voted in the poll. Check out the full results below:
- You can never go wrong with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: 147 (37%)
- CandyStore.com results are totally bogus. Fun Size Snickers is where it’s at: 68 (17%)
- It doesn’t matter what candy you get. It’s all good: 55 (14%)
- None of these: 31 (7%)
- I agree with the CandyStore.com results. Hersey’s Mini Bars all the way: 27 (6%)
- Go with traditional: Candy Corn and Tootsie Rolls: 21 (5%)
- No chocolate. Give me something sour: 13 (3%)
- Other: 11 (2%)
- Taste the rainbow with Skittles: 9 (2%)
- Starburst: 9 (2%)
Total votes: 391.