AARP Hawai‘i seeking 2023 Andrus Award nominees
AARP Hawai‘i is accepting nominations for its 2023 Andrus Award for Community Service, which honors Hawai‘i volunteers aged 50 and older who are sharing their experience, talent and skills to enrich their communities.
The deadline to nominate an outstanding individual for AARP’s most prestigious volunteer award is August 1. AARP Hawai‘i will donate $1,000 to the charity of the winner’s choice in their name.
“AARP Hawai‘i is excited to shine a light on volunteers who are using what they’ve learned in life to make a difference in the lives around them,” said Keali‘i Lopez, AARP Hawai‘i State Director.
Nominations will be evaluated based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, reflected AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The award recipient will be announced in early fall.
AARP Hawai‘i Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominee must be 50 years or older.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay. Volunteers receiving small stipends to cover the costs associated with the volunteer activity are eligible.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and purpose.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must be replicable and provide inspiration for others to volunteer.
- Partisan political achievements, accomplishments or service may not be considered.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- Previous Andrus Award recipients are not eligible.
- Volunteers serving on the Andrus Award selection committee are not eligible.
- AARP staff members are not eligible.
- This is not a posthumous award.
Additional details, as well as an online nomination form, can be found at www.aarp.org/AndrusAward. For more information contact AARP Hawai‘i Outreach Director Jackie Boland at 808-545-6003 or email her at [email protected].