Hilton Waikōloa Village to host paid summer culinary internship program
Hilton Waikōloa Village is hosting its Culinary Summer Camp, a unique opportunity for students and individuals exploring the culinary and hospitality industries to gain experience in some of the world’s highest-performing kitchens.
The paid internship program, which is open now for applications and runs from June through August, offers participants the chance to receive comprehensive training and mentoring while working alongside skilled professionals.
Participants will receive a competitive wage and a $500 bonus and recommendation from Hilton Waikōloa Village’s hotel manager upon successful completion of the program; among a list of other excellent benefits.
Hilton Waikōloa Village’s Culinary Summer Camp:
- Hourly pay rate starts at $20.
- Daily pay option: participants can choose to receive their pay at the end of each day of work.
- $500 bonus upon successful completion of the program.
- A letter of recommendation from the hotel manager upon successful completion of the program.
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate other commitments.
- Free meals in the Team Member Cafe.
- Free parking and uniforms throughout the duration of the program.
- Possibility that the internship could be extended, or transition into a permanent position.
Hilton Waikōloa Village has several restaurants, including Kamuela Provision Company, Nui Italian and Kona Tap Room. The resort also has high-caliber banquet operations to cater to global meetings, conventions and incentive groups.
“Over the years, our resort has attracted some of the top talent in the culinary field and this is an incredible chance for those just getting started to learn from the best,” said Simon Amos, hotel manager of Hilton Waikōloa Village. “On top of the invaluable skills and network-building this program will offer, participants will also receive excellent pay and other benefits that our permanent employees enjoy.”
Applicants ages 16 and older are encouraged to apply for the Hilton Waikōloa Village Culinary Summer Camp. Applicants ages 16 and 17 must present a certificate of age work permit, which can be obtained on the Hawaiʻi State Department of Labor and Industrial Relation’s website.
To apply, individuals can call 808-889-2819 or meet with a recruiter on the property at Hilton Waikōloa Village’s Human Resources office every Monday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. throughout the month of May.
For more information about Hilton Waikōloa Village and the Culinary Summer Camp, visit