Flood advisory for North, South Kona
The National Weather Service has issued a flood advisory for the North and South Kona Districts of Hawai‘i Island through 11 p.m. Sunday.
A flood advisory means localized flooding may occur. Due to the advisory, the NWS has advised the following:
- Residents in flood prone areas remain alert for flooding conditions.
- Stay away from streams, drainage ditches, and low-lying areas prone to flooding.
- Rainfall and runoff may cause hazardous driving conditions due to ponding, reduced visibility, and poor braking.
- Be aware that road closures may occur without notice.
- Do not attempt to cross fast flowing water in a vehicle or on foot; turn around don’t drown.
- Be on the alert for malfunctioning traffic signals. Treat flashing traffic lights as a 4-way stop.