Roadwork to begin at intersection in Waikōloa Village
Work to improve the safety of an intersection in Waikōloa Village will begin next week.
Improvements to the intersection of Waikōloa Road and Paniolo Avenue will begin Oct. 17. The work will continue until early December.
The schedule of roadwork is as follows:
- Oct. 17: Removal and installation of traffic signs and markings.
- Oct. 25: Installation of two speed tables and temporary markings.
- Oct. 26: Installation of permanent speed hump markings.
- Nov. 30: Installation of rectangular rapid-flashing beacons.
- Dec. 1: Installation of permanent striping and removal of crosswalk markings.
- Dec. 1-9: Activation of rectangular rapid-flashing beacon
Motorists should expect delays and one-lane traffic. Flaggers will be directing traffic.
All improvement dates are subject to change, weather permitting.