DWS Issues Immediate Water Restriction Request in North Hilo
The Department of Water has issued an immediate water restriction request in Laupāhoehoe due to an equipment malfunction.
Residents and businesses are asked to reduce water use by 25% to ensure everyone’s water needs are met. DWS will need to haul all drinking water to meet customers’ water needs.
DWS suggests the following ways to conserve water:
• Wash only full loads of laundry and dishes
• Check faucets and pipes for leaks
• Do not let water run when washing hands, shaving, and brushing teeth
• Reduce showering times
• Use water-saving devices whenever possible
• Use a broom instead of a water hose when gathering leaves and grass clippings
Updates will be issued as necessary and may be viewed at www.hawaiidws.org. Call 808-961-8050 during normal business hours, 808-961-8790 for after-hour emergencies, or email: [email protected].