DPS Reports 1 Positive Inmate COVID Test Result at HCCC
The state Department of Public Safety on Wednesday, March 2, reported one positive COVID-19 test result among inmates in the latest batch of tests administered at Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center in Hilo.
COVID testing is continuously being conducted in state prisons and jails as well as the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates for correctional facilities are as follows:
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center: One positive inmate test result. Four inmates have recovered.
- Maui Community Correctional Center: 30 negative inmate test results and 10 negative staff test results. Two inmates have recovered.
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: 10 negative inmate test results. Five inmates have recovered.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: One negative inmate test result. Two inmates have recovered.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): One inmate has recovered.
DPS continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
For more detailed inmate testing data, the department’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and the public, visit the DPS dedicated COVID-19 webpage.