DPS: 1 Staff Member at HCCC Tests Positive For COVID
The state Department of Public Safety reported Tuesday afternoon, Feb. 22, that one staff member at Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center in Hilo has received a positive COVID-19 test result.
COVID testing is continuously being conducted in state prisons and jails as well as the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates for correctional facilities are as follows:
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center: One positive staff test result. Seven negative inmate test results.
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: 51 inmate results; three positive, 48 negative.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 75 inmate test results; two positive, 73 negative. One staff recovery was reported.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: Two inmate test results; one positive, one negative. One positive employee test result and one employee recovery was reported.
- Maui Community Correctional Center: Two inmates have recovered. There were also 38 negative staff test results reported.
The Department of Public Safety continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
For more detailed inmate testing data, the department’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and the public, visit the DPS dedicated COVID-19 webpage.