DPS: 1 HCCC Staff Member Tests Positive For COVID
The state Department of Public Safety on Wednesday, Feb. 16, reported that one staff member at Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center in Hilo has tested positive for COVID-19.
The department also reported that four HCCC staff members and 11 inmates at the facility have recovered.
COVID testing is continuously being conducted in state prisons and jails, as well as the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates for correctional facilities are as follows:
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center: One positive staff test result and four staff recoveries reported; 11 inmates have recovered.
- Maui Community Correctional Center: 44 inmate test results; two positive, 42 negative; one inmate has recovered. Fourteen negative staff test results reported.
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: Two inmate test results; one positive, one negative; 23 inmates have recovered.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: One positive staff test result reported. One negative inmate test result; 77 inmates have recovered.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 41 inmates have recovered.
- Women’s Community Correctional Center (O‘ahu): Four inmates have recovered.
The Department of Public Safety continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
For more detailed inmate testing data, the department’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and the public, visit the DPS dedicated COVID-19 webpage.