DOH Reminds Public to Celebrate Holidays Safely
* Updated December 22, 1:44 PM
The state Department of Health wishes everyone a joyous holiday season and reminds people to celebrate the season safely.
“Please, if you are eligible for a COVID-19 booster shot, get it now,” said state Health Director Dr. Elizabeth Char. “Protect yourself and show aloha for family and friends by exercising caution this holiday season.”
COVID-19 case counts are soaring, said the DOH, and an increase in cases is typical during and after holiday celebrations. Here are a few things you can do to guard against COVID-19 during holiday get-togethers:
- Limit gatherings to household members
- Celebrate with fully vaccinated and boosted people.
- Gather outside.
- Wear masks inside.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Take extra precautions to protect kupuna and those who can’t get vaccinated.
Find information about COVID-19 vaccines and tests by clicking here.