Wind Advisory Issued For 3 Big Island Districts
The National Weather Service has issued a wind advisory through Monday evening for the North and South Kohala Districts, as well as the Hamakua District.
Sustained winds of 30 to 40 mph with localized gusts of over 55 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can down trees, lift canopies, damage awnings and make driving difficult and dangerous. Downslope winds could become accelerated.
Due to the advisory, the public is asked to take the following precautions:
- Secure outdoor items such as canopies, trash cans, and chairs.
- Be aware of downed trees.
- Understand that road closures may occur without notice.
- Stay clear of downed utility poles and lines and report any downed utility poles or lines to authorities.
- Motorists, especially those in high profile vehicles, should drive with caution.