News

HFD Extinguishes Blaze Beneath Floorboards at Hilo Bar

November 13, 2021, 6:01 PM HST
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio...
A
A
A

No injuries were reported after firefighters extinguished a blaze at a business in downtown Hilo on Saturday, Nov. 13.

At 1:55 p.m., Hawaiʻi Fire Department responded to the Temple Bar, located at 64 Keawe Street. When they arrived on scene, they found patrons of the restaurant and bar outside the three-story building with the alarm sounding.

According to an HFD press release, an employee directed fire personnel to a service entrance where the floor was smoking and charred.

Upon investigation, the floorboards were removed and the flames were extinguished. According to the release, the basement below the burn area was investigated with a thermal imager to ensure the fire had not spread.

No further fire or smoke was noted.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD

The blaze is under investigation.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay in-the-know with daily or weekly
headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Cancel
Mahalo for Subscribing
×

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Big Island Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments