4 Active COVID-19 Cases Reported Among HCCC Inmates
There are currently four active COVID-19 cases among inmates at Hawaiʻi Community Correctional Center as of Wednesday, Sept. 15.
According to the Public Safety Department, 242 HCCC inmates have recovered from the virus. There is currently one active case among staff with 33 recovered.
With a bed capacity of 206, there are currently 248 inmates being housed in the Hilo jail.
COVID-19 testing is continuously being conducted in the state prisons and jails as well as in the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz. The latest testing updates received for other correctional facilities are as follows:
- Maui Community Correctional Center – 77 inmate test results: Two positive, 75 negative.
- Oʻahu Community Correctional Center – 14 inmate test results: One positive, 13 negative. Two OCCC staff have recovered and returned to work, dropping the total active positive staff cases to 12.
- Women’s Community Correctional Center – 58 negative inmate test results.
- Halawa Correctional Facility – 56 negative inmate test results.
- Hawaiʻi Community Correctional Center – One negative inmate test result.
PSD continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccination. For more detailed inmate testing data, PSD’s Pandemic Plan and information on response efforts made to safeguard the inmates, staff and public, visit the dedicated COVID-19 webpage here.