Kona Vehicle Registration and Licensing Office to Extend Hours
The County of Hawaiʻi Vehicle Registration and Licensing Office in Kona will temporarily extend its regular hours in an effort to cut into the backlog of license renewals.
Beginning Wednesday, July 21, office hours will be from 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., allowing the office to open an hour early and close an hour later. These extended hours will also apply to four other weekdays before the end of July.
In addition to extended weekday hours, the office will also open on Saturday, July 31 to service expired licenses and state IDs. The specific dates and hours of operation are as follows:
- Wednesday, July 21, from 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 22, from 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 27, from 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 28, from 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 29, from 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 31, from 7:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Walk-ins will still be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Patrons with appointments will be given preference.