Wind Advisory Issued for Hawai‘i County
* Updated February 24, 9:05 AM
8:49 AM HST Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021: National Weather Service in Honolulu
WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM HST THURSDAY
* WHAT: East winds 20 to 30 mph with localized gusts to 50 mph.
* WHERE: Portions of Kaho‘olawe, Maui, Moloka‘i and the Big Island.
* WHEN: Until 6 p.m. Thursday.
* IMPACTS: Winds this strong are capable of downing temporary structures, trees, and causing localized power outages.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of at least 30 mph, or gusts of at least 50 mph, are expected. Motorists should use extra caution.