Flood Advisory Issued for Big Island
The National Weather Service has issued a flood advisory for the North and South Kona Districts of Hawai‘i Island through Thursday evening.
A flood advisory means localized flooding may occur. Due to the advisory, Hawai‘i County Civil Defense has issued the following:
- Residents in flood-prone areas are asked to remain alert for flooding conditions.
- Rainfall and runoff will cause hazardous driving conditions.
- Be aware that road closures may occur without notice.
- Do not attempt to cross flowing water; turn around don’t drown.
- Be on the alert for malfunctioning traffic signals. Treat flashing traffic lights as a four-way stop.