Flood Advisory Issued For Big Island
The National Weather Service has issued a flood advisory for the Hamakua, Hilo, Puna, and Ka‘ū Districts of Hawai‘i Island.
A flood advisory means localized flooding may occur. Due to the advisory, the following are issued:
- Residents in flood-prone areas are asked to remain alert for flooding conditions.
- Be aware that road closures may occur without notice.
- Do not attempt to cross flowing water; turn around don’t drown.
- Be on the alert for malfunctioning traffic signals. Please treat flashing traffic lights as a four-way stop.
- Remember, if lightning threatens your area, the safest place to be is indoors.
This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Big Island Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments
1Victim In Reported Shark Attack In Waikoloa Was Visiting From Utah 22 Hawaii Police Detectives Involved In Fatal Shooting In Kona To Return To Full Duty 316 Hawaiʻi Inmates Graduate Fellowship Academy At Saguaro Correctional Center 4Asteroids And Aliens Tiktok Time Traveler Predicts Worlds End This Week 5Man Survives Shark Attack At Anaehoomalu Bay On Big Island 6Man Rescued From Hamakua Cliffside After 15 Foot Fall