WORKSHOP: Planning Your End of Life Decisions in Advance
What if you died without a will? What if you didn’t set up an advance directive? These and other crucial questions will be answered at Hospice of Kona’s (HOK) “Planning Your End of Life Decisions in Advance” workshop on Tuesday, Oct, 23, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at HOK’s office located at 75-5925 Walua Road, Suite 102.
Seating is limited so RSVP to Deann Canuteson, Director of Volunteer Services, (808) 443-2936 or [email protected].
Estate Planning attorneys Darl C. Gleed, of Darl C. Gleed & Associates, and Jennifer Shimada Heimgartner of Shimada Estate Planning will discuss planning ahead for life’s contingencies. Attendees will learn:
- What estate planning entails
- The difference between a will and a trust
- Selecting a Power of Attorney
- Advance Health Care Directives, including the new Hawaii Our Choice, Our Care Act, modeled
after Oregon’s Death With Dignity Act.
- Attendees will also receive sample Advance Health Care Directive and Hawai‘i Statutory Power of