Keauhou Shopping Center 35th Anniversary Family Fun Day
Keauhou Shopping Center celebrates 35 years in the community, with a free Family Fun Day, on Saturday, July 28, 2018, starting at noon.
Schedule of events:
Heritage Court Stage at the Center Courtyard area (12 to 5 p.m.)
- 12 to 12:15 p.m. Welcome!
- 12:15 to 1 p.m. Performance by Jeanné Kapela (Miss Hawai‘i 2015 and Miss Kona Coffee 2014) and Tehina Slade (Miss Aloha Hawai‘i 2018)
- 1 to 2 p.m. Richard Kahalioumi, musician and counselor at Konawaena High School
- 2 to 3 p.m. Nā Hōkū Hanohano award-winning slack key guitarist John Keawe
- 3 to 4 p.m. Performances by youth, who have been served by Friends of the Children of West Hawai‘i
- 4 to 4:45 p.m. Bernaldo Evangelista, vocalist and Kealakehe Intermediate School band teacher
- 4:45 to 5 p.m. Acknowledgements from Friends of the Children of West Hawai‘i
Kai Maloʻo Reef Stage area (4 to 8 p.m.)
- 4 to 5 p.m. Hula and Polynesian dance by Alohi Polynesian Dance Academy
- 5 to 5:15 p.m. Official ceremony, including traditional Hawaiian oli, specials guests and commemorative messages from the Hawaii Office of the Governor, Office of the Mayor and more
- 5:15 to 5:45 p.m. Kahiko hula performance by Halau Hula Ka Ua Maka Lehua ‘O Hawai‘i
- 5:45 to 6 p.m. Fashion show by Zaia
- 6 to 6:30 p.m. Auana hula performance by Halau Hula Ka Ua Maka Lehua ‘O Hawai‘i
- 6:30 to 7 p.m. Performance by Nā Hōkū Hanohano award winner Ryan Hiraoka
- 7 to 7:15 p.m. Taiko drum performance by Ryukyukoku Matsuri Daiko
- 7:15 to 8 p.m. Fire dance performance by Pyrotica Entertainers
- Other activities will include:
Children’s games and activities including: keiki coloring contests (three age groups), photo booth, an “InstaFamily Photo Challenge” (a fun series of riddles for families to solve, with answers posted to Instagram), prize giveaways and more.
- Friends of the Children of West Hawaii school supply drive
- Additional collection drives for keiki in need, with other community partners: dresses for elementary and middle school age girls from low income or at-risk families, with Dress a Girl – Around The World; slippers for children and youth who can’t otherwise afford foot protection, with Happy Feet Rubba Slippa Ministry; and infant and toddler clothing for low income families with young children, with Sunday’s Child Foundation.
- Cash donations for Puna relief accepted. Through the generosity of the Hawaii Community Foundation and its partner, the Luana Hospitality Group, donations will be matched dollar for dollar, up to $30,000, at Keauhou Shopping Center’s Family Fun Day.
- Free fun, including balloon twisting, face painting, henna tattoos, a bounce house and more!
Visit Keauhou Shopping Center’s ‘ohana of merchants, restaurants and businesses that have made us a favorite Kona destination for 35 years. Specials during the anniversary celebration include Blue Sea Artisans Gallery, offering 10 to 25% off selected items, and Paradise Found Boutique, with 25 to 50% marked down on selected items. Also check out pop ups from Royal Thai Cafe, Zaia and Mauka Makai Movement.