5 Facts You Should Know About Mother’s Day Shopping
TopCashback.com is sharing its Mother’s Day survey results, which reveal that 75% of Americans plan to purchase a Mother’s Day gift and 60% aim to spend between $6 and $50 on their matriarch.
The survey polled a cross section of 1,135 adults, aged 18 and over, on their purchasing habits for the second Sunday of May.
What Mom Really Wants on Her Special Day:
- Spending quality time with the kids (55%)
- Breakfast, lunch and/or dinner (47%)
- Gift card (43%)
- Participating in a family activity (41%)
- Something homemade (37%)
Americans Plan to Gift Mom:
- Flowers (43%)
- Spending quality time with Mom (37%)
- A greeting card (35%)
- Breakfast, lunch and/or dinner (32%)
- Gift card (30%)
TopCashback.com also found 46% of Americans will purchase mom’s gift at Walmart, 37% will shop at a department store and one in three (33%) will shop at Target.
Top 3 Ways to Celebrate Mom Without Breaking the Bank:
- Shop sales and deals (72%)
- Utilize coupons (48%)
- Shop via a cashback site (44%)