Donors Needed for Spring Blood Drive on Hawai‘i Island
Blood Bank of Hawai‘i has announced dates for its upcoming blood drive in March on Hawai‘i Island. The nonprofit urges people to “Spring into action” and save lives.
The general requirements to be a blood donor are:
- Be in good health;
- 18 years of age or older (16 to 17-year-old donors with signed Blood Bank of Hawai‘i parent/legal guardian consent);
- Weigh 110 pounds or more (additional height and weight requirements apply for female donors 16 to 18-years-old).
Donors are asked to bring a photo ID with date of birth. To make an appointment or for more information, call Blood Bank of Hawaii at (808) 848-4770 or visit BBH.org.
Blood drives will be held at the following times and locations. Note that dates are subject to change.
- Mar. 7, 9:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. at LDS Waimea Ward – Cultural Hall
- Mar. 8, 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. at LDS Kona Stake Center – Cultural Hall
- Mar. 9, 7:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. at LDS Kona Stake Center – Cultural Hall
- Mar. 19, 8:30 a.m. to noon at Hilo Hawaiian – Moku Ola
- Mar. 20, 7 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. at University of Hawai‘i at Hilo, Campus Center Room 301
- Mar. 21, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Church of the Holy Cross – Meeting Room
- Mar. 22, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at LDS Hilo – Cultural Hall
- Mar. 23, 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Kamehameha Schools – Kamakaeha Band and Choral Room