News

Hilo Man Loses Finger in Fireworks Accident

January 1, 2018, 9:15 AM HST
* Updated January 1, 9:21 AM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio...
A
A
A

The Hawai‘i Fire Department responded to a report of an aerial fireworks accident and injury on Dec. 31, 2017, at 339 Desha Ave. in Hilo.

Fire personnel arrived on the scene at 9:30 p.m. to find a man in his 40s with his right index finger amputated from an aerial-type fireworks that accidentally exploded while he was holding it.

He was transported to Hilo Medical Center.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay in-the-know with daily or weekly
headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Cancel
Mahalo for Subscribing
×

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Big Island Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments