HPD Now Accepting TRO Requests at Waimea Court

November 7, 2017, 1:17 PM HST
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio...

The Hawaiʻi Island Police Department is now accepting filings for domestic violence restraining orders at Waimea Court.

Ex parte petitions for a temporary restraining order (TRO) can now be dropped off at the South Kohala District Courthouse. Petitioners do not have to go to Kona to file.

If you are a victim of domestic violence and desire to seek a restraining order, the forms are available 24 hours every day at the Waimea Police Station located at 67-5185 Kamāmalu St.

After hours, there is a phone next to the door that goes directly to dispatch. If you pick up the phone, you can ask for an officer to get you a TRO packet. Petitioners can also request that their address and phone number be kept confidential. There is a court form for that request included in the police packet. It can be filled out along with the petition for TRO and turned in together.


The forms are also available in the self-help section at the courthouse located at 67-5187 Kamāmalu St. in Waimea. Courthouse hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.


For more information, call Community Police Officer May Lee at the Waimea Police Station at (808) 887-3080.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay in-the-know with daily or weekly
headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Mahalo for Subscribing


This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Big Island Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments