Celebrate ‘Family Fourth’ of July at Waikoloa Beach Resort
Waikoloa Beach Resort is hosting a free, all-day family event to celebrate Independence Day on Tuesday, July 4, from 10:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
The celebration will feature live entertainment by Micah De Aguiar with Kuleana, Lito Arkangel, John Cruz and others. There will also be balloon art, carnival games and treats for all ages at the Kingsʻ Shops, Queensʻ Marketplace and Waikoloa Bowl, completed by a fireworks show.
The event will begin with an opening oli at 10:30 a.m. and traditional hula kahiko at Kingsʻ Shops, followed by Hawaiian music from Komakakino.
The 26th Annual Rubber Duckie Race will kick off at 3 p.m. to fundraise for the United Cerebral Palsy Association of Hawaii (UCPA). Anyone may adopt a duck to support the effort. Winning ducks will earn their owners valuable prizes. To adopt a duck, call the Kings’ Shops office at (808) 886-8811.
The Queensʻ Marketplace will host a salsa dance party with the Salsa Latinos at the Coronation Pavilion at noon. The Tomi Isobe Blues Band and the United States Air Force Band of the Pacific will play a variety of pop, rock and R&B hits at the Waikoloa Bowl starting at 4:30 p.m. A fireworks extravaganza will follow the concert.
People are welcome to bring beach mats or chairs for seating at Waikoloa Bowl. Coolers and alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
For more information, visit www.WaikoloaBeachResort.com or call Queens’ MarketPlace office at (808) 886-8822.
July 4 Schedule of Events
- 10:30 a.m.: Opening chant and hula kahiko
- 11 a.m.: Komakakino with Hālau
- Noon: Micah De Aguiar with Kuleana
- 1:30 p.m.: Watermelon Eating Contest
- 2 p.m.: Lito Arkangel
- 3 p.m.: 26th Annual Rubber Duckie Race for UCPA of Hawai‘i
- 3:30 p.m.: John Cruz
- 4:30 p.m.: Duck Calling and Duck Waddling Contests
- 5:30 p.m.: Award Ceremony at Center Stage
Queens’ MarketPlace, Coronation Pavilion
- Noon: Salsa Latinos
- Noon to 5 p.m.: Cotton candy, popcorn, balloon art, carnival games at Queens’ MarketPlace
- 2 p.m.: Tomi Isobe Blues Band
- 3 p.m.: DamStr8
- 4 p.m.: Lorenzo’s Army
- 5 p.m.: Larry Dupio Blues Band
- 8:30 p.m.: Music by Full Circle at the Coronation Pavilion
- 4:30 p.m.: Entrances open to Waikoloa Bowl
- 5 p.m.: Music by Tomi Isobe Blues Band
- 6:30 p.m.: United States Air Force Band of the Pacific
- 8 p.m.: Fireworks Show!
For more information visit www.QueensMarketPlace.net or call (808) 886-8822.