Noise Advisory for Pōhakuloa Training Area
Military Units are scheduled to conduct various activities in the Pōhakuloa Training Area that may be heard by surrounding communities.
For the community’s awareness, the training is as follows.
• March 29–April 4: Marines, mortar and artillery training, PTA
• March 29–April 4: Marines, machine gun training, PTA
• March 29–April 4: Marines, grenade launcher training, PTA
• April 1–30: Army, unmanned aerial vehicle training, PTA
• April 4–8: Army, rifle grenade training, PTA
• April 4–9: Army, demolitions training, PTA
• April 5–19: Army, helicopter gunnery training, PTA
• April 21–30: Army, machine gun training, PTA
The military in Hawai‘i appreciates the community’s understanding and continued support for local military training.
While sometimes loud, the sounds of training represent how the military ensures the nation’s service members are ready to accomplish the mission and return home safely.
To report concerns related to noise or training, community members can call the U.S. Army Garrison-Pōhakuloa Public Affairs Office at (808) 969-1966 or email [email protected].
The USAG-P Public Affairs Office responds to all reported concerns during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.