Experts to Speak at W. Hawai‘i Wastewater Meeting
The Office of the Governor is hosting a Wastewater Forum for the West Hawai‘i community on Thursday, Sept. 22, 2016, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the West Hawaii Civic Center, County Council Chambers.
Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the nuts and bolts of wastewater from a panel of state and county officials, a county consultant and a professor from the University of Hawai‘i.
The public is invited to submit questions for the panel by emailing [email protected] or [email protected].
PANEL AND MODERATOR
- Bruce Anderson, division administrator, DLNR aquatics resources division (moderator)
- Sina Pruder, wastewater branch chief, State Department of Health (DOH)
- Robert Whittier, geologist, State DOH Safe Drinking Water Branch
- Eric Yuasa, engineering branch head, DLNR division of boating and ocean resources (DOBOR)
- Finn McCall, engineer, DOBOR
- William Taylor, Hawaii district branch manager, DOBOR
- Bobby Jean Leithead Todd, director, Hawai‘i County department of environmental management
- Dora Beck, chief, Hawai‘i County wastewater division
- Shihwu Sung, professor of environmental engineering, UH Hilo
- Brown and Caldwell, consultant, Hawai‘i County wastewater division
TheWest Hawaii Civic Center is located at 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Highway, Kailua-Kona.