Ka’u Planning Future Focus of Meetings
The Steering Committee for the Ka’u Community Development Plan has scheduled a series of community meetings with topic-focused agendas.
Public review and comment were open on the CDP’s draft from March 30 through June 1. Now, the steering community, which is reviewing the data and making a preliminary decision on CDP revisions, will meet with community members to discuss aspects of the plan.
Meetings are scheduled throughout the month of August:
- Town Infill & Agricultural Subdivision: Tuesday, Aug. 11 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Pahala Community Center.
- Ocean View Development & Special Permits: Saturday, Aug. 15 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Ocean View Community Center.
- Coastal Development & Management: Tuesday, Aug. 18 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Na’alehu Community Center.
- Discovery Harbour Area Development: Tuesday, Aug. 25 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Discovery Harbour Community Center.
- Economic Development: Saturday, Aug. 29 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Na’alehu Community Center.
CDP officials say the meeting times are approximate and additional meetings have the potential to be scheduled. The Steering Committee members hope that these meetings lead to a conclusion on primary decisions regarding revisions.
The meeting, which will be actively facilitated, will provide the Steering Committee with the opportunity to consider the trade-offs of different strategies.
Public testimony will be welcomed.
On Tuesday, Sept. 22, a Steering Committee meeting is also scheduled to make final recommendations for CDP revisions and adoption. The meeting will take place at the Na’alehu Community Center at 5:30 p.m.
To learn more about the Ka’u CDP or to review the CDP Draft, visit the Ka’u CDP website.