Visitor from China Drowns in Waikoloa
Nearly four hours after a man died of an electrical shock at the Hilton Waikoloa Village, another man died of an apparent drowning, according to the Hawai’i Police Department.
HPD reports that a 44-year-old man from China drowned at in Waikoloa after 12 p.m. Wednesday.
Officer responded to a 12:36 p.m. call of a possible drowning at the resort, where they found an unconscious man on the shore with medics who were attempting cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
The man, identified as 44-year-old Cong Guo of Shanghai, China, was unable to be revived.
Resort officials have confirmed that the man died while swimming in water in part of the resort’s Lagoon complex.
Guo was pronounced dead at the scene at 1:30 p.m.
HPD has ordered an autopsy to determine the exact cause of Guo’s death.