TripAdvisor Names Village Burger a Top Restaurant
Village Burger in Waimea has been named the eighth best restaurant for a burger in the United States by TripAdvisor in its recent listing of “Top 10 Burger Restaurants in the U.S.”
The only spot awarded to a Hawai’i restaurant was given to Village Burger, who has received 4.5 out of 5 bubbles with a total of 327 reviews on the popular travel site.
Right in the heart of Waimea, the restaurant prides itself on using locally sourced ingredients.
Among the popular menu items is the Asian Style Ahi Burger, topped with Japanese style pickled vegetables. Many enjoy the classic Hawai’i Big Island Beef Burger with seemingly-endless “stuff on top” options, ranging from a variety of onion styles to Ahualoa chipotle goat cheese.
“Everything is grown right here on the island. Their beef is amazingly fresh and absolutely delicious. I recommend you try this place – you won’t be disappointed!” noted a TripAdvisor reviewer.
TripAdvisor named its list of top burger joints based on reviews and opinions of millions of travelers. The world’s largest travel site analyzed the quality, quantity, and ratio of review that mentioned burgers over an 18 month period. The minimum qualifications to be considered were that a restaurant must have at least 100 reviews and 10 locations or less.
“Travelers on the hunt for the great American burger can look no further than this list of top spots that are a cut above, according to the TripAdvisor community,” said Brooke Ferencsik, director of communications for TripAdvisor.
Village Burger was joined on the list by the following burger joints:
- Hops Burger Bar; Greensboro, North Carolina (No. 1)
- Black Hills Burger and Bun Co.; Custer, South Dakota (No. 2)
- Nic’s Grill; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (No. 3)
- Billy Bob Dairyland; Branson, Missouri (No. 4)
- Stock and Barrel; Knoxville, Tennessee (No. 5)
- Coyote Bluff Café; Amarillo, Texas (No. 6)
- MELT Gourmet Cheeseburgers; Leesburg, Virgina (No. 7)
- Brook’s Gourmet Burgers and Dogs; Naples, Florida (No.9)
- MacPhail’s Burgers; Jackson, Wyoming (No. 10)