Kona Pacific Charter School to Provide Summer Meals
Children in West Hawai’i won’t go hungry over the summer with the support of Kona Pacific Public Charter School. The school, along with community support and the commitment of school administrators, faculty, and students, will provide meals to hungry children while they are on summer break and unable to receive their school-provided meals.
Kona Public Charter School will provide seven meal sites throughout the duration of summer.
June 8 through July 28:
- Old Airport State Park from 10:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., M-F
- Lokahi Ka’u Housing from 11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., M-F
- Lailani Housing from 12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m., M-F
- Keauhou Canoe Club from 1:30 p.m. to 1 p.m., M, TU, TH
- Keoua Hoanunau Canoe Club from 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m., M, W. TH
June 8 through June 12:
- Kona Scenic Park from 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m., M-F
July 6 through July 10:
- Pualani Estates Park from 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m., M-F
Community partners, Lailani and Lokahi Ka’u housing in Kailua-Kona, Family Support Hawai’i, and the youth program managers of Keauhou and Honaunau canoe clubs, will assist Kona Public Charter School with its Summer Food Service Program.
The Hawai’i State Department of Education will also provide meals to children of the summer with its Seamless Summer Program. Forty-two schools throughout the state, including eight on the East side of the Big Island, will participate.