UH Hilo 2015 Chancellor Scholars Named
Thirteen Hawai`i high school students have received the University of Hawai`i at Hilo’s prestigious Chancellor’s scholarship, including six from the Big Island.
The award funds local high school graduates statewide with four years of tuition, a value of over $26,500. The winning students earned either a minimum GPA of 3.5, a combined 1800 SAT or ACT composite score of 27, and demonstrated outstanding leadership and/or community service.
The winning students must enroll full-time at the university and earn at least 24 credits each academic year while maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.25. Students are also required to participate in leadership activities and/or community services with other Chancellor Scholars.
The recipients of the 2015 Chancellor Scholarship are as follows:
* Nicole Antonio (Waiakea High)
* Harley Broyles (Waimea High)
* Pomaika`i Cathcart (Kamehameha – Maui)
* Jasmine Curiel (Hanalani Schools)
* Jon Ehrenberg (West Hawaii Explorations Academy)
* Sarah Ferguson (Leilehua High)
* Trent Furuta (Mililani High)
* Courtney Ip (Waiakea High)
* Cody Kojima (Waiakea High)
* Kaydee Rapozo (Waiakea High)
* Melia Takakusagi (Waimea High)
* Brandon Tomota (Waiakea High)
* Amirah Waite (Roosevelt High)