Fire Damages Pahoa Home
An unattended candle started a blaze that damaged a Pahoa-area home early in the morning on Tuesday, August 12.
Fire-rescue personnel arrived just after 3:00 a.m. to find the living area and patio of the home partially engulfed in a fire, with flames visible coming from the ceiling. The homeowner was found outside the structure with Hawaii Police Department personnel.
A total of 13 fire department personnel responded to the blaze at the 1,100 square foot, 3 bedroom home.
The fire was extinguished by 4:00 a.m.
Large sections of Puna remain without power after Hurricane Iselle passed over the Big Island late last week.