East Hawaii News

Alae Street Home Heavily Damaged by Kitchen Fire

October 7, 2013, 8:50 AM HST
* Updated October 7, 8:51 AM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio...
A
A
A

A fire ignited during cooking heavily damaged a home in Hilo Saturday night.

Firefighters arriving at the home at 140 Alae St. at 7:28 p.m. found heavy smoke and flames coming from the home’s kitchen.

It took firefighters about 20 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

All of the home’s occupants made it out safely.

Damage to the $205,000 home was estimated at $120,000.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay in-the-know with daily or weekly
headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Cancel
Mahalo for Subscribing
×

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Big Island Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments