East Hawaii News

Two Men Charged With Robbery in Cell Phone Theft

September 30, 2013, 6:43 PM HST
* Updated September 30, 6:44 PM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio...
A
A
A

Two men have been charged with offenses relating to a robbery early Saturday morning in Hilo.

A 19-year-old Hilo man called police at 3:27 a.m. to report that he had been assaulted in front of a closed business on the 1700 block of Kamehameha Avenue.

The man told police that one man punched him while a second man took his cell phone.

The victim told police that he was assaulted a second time after tracking his phone to a home in Hilo. The man’s vehicle was also allegedly damaged.

Police were then able to track down the phone to a location off Kalanianaole Avenue where they recovered the cell phone and located two suspects, who were arrested at 4 a.m.

As a result of the investigation, police charged 22-year-old Dustin Snedeker-Abadilla of Pahoa with robbery, assault, criminal property damage and unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle. His bail was set at $4,750.

Also charged was Jacob Anthony Blanco, an 18-year-old Hilo man. Blanco was charged with robbery and theft and his bail was set at $11,000.

The victim sustained minor injuries and declined treatment.

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Big Island Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments

Newsletters

Get a quick summary of what’s happening on the Big Island with our daily & weekly email of news highlights.