East Hawaii News

Spilled Gas Burns Generator Shed in Upper Puna

August 29, 2013, 8:31 AM HST
* Updated August 29, 8:33 AM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio...
A
A
A

A fire resulting from gasoline spilled from a generator caused about $1,000 in damage to a shed in upper Puna Wednesday night.

According to Capt. Roger Carvalho of the Keaau Fire Station, a woman was filling her generator in the Aloha Estates subdivision when the gasoline overflowed and was ignited by an oil lamp.

The resulting fire also burned clothing and other items in the 5-foot by 10-foot shed made from a makeshift kennel.

The fire reported at 8:24 p.m. was prevented from spreading to a nearby A-frame structure.

No injuries were reported.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay in-the-know with daily or weekly
headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Cancel
Mahalo for Subscribing
×

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Big Island Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments