Governor, Cabinet to Hold Community Meeting in Hilo Friday
Gov. Neil Abercrombie will bring seven members of his cabinet to the University of Hawaii at Hilo Friday to meet with the community and discuss its concerns.
The East Hawaii version of “Governor’s Cabinet in Your Community” will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the University Classroom Building (UCB) Room 100.
Cabinet members scheduled to attend the meeting are:
- Department of Land and Natural Resources Chairperson William J. Aila Jr.
- Department of Agriculture Deputy Director Scott Enright
- Department of Health Director Loretta Fuddy
- State Energy Office Renewable Energy Specialist Andrea Gill
- Department of Hawaiian Home Lands Chairperson Jobie Masagatani
- Department of Transportation Director Glenn Okimoto
- Department of Public Safety Director Ted Sakai
According to the governor’s office, the event will include breakout sessions focused on areas of greatest importance to the people of East Hawaii as identified by island legislators and community members.