Chamber Seeks Nominations for Pualu Awards
The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking nominations for its annual Pualu Awards.
This is the tenth year of the awards program, which recognizes individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations that exemplify a commitment to the improvement and advancement of the west Hawai‘i community.
Pualu means “to work together” in Hawaiian.
Nominations for the prestigious awards are being accepted in seven categories:
- Community Education, honoring an individual/organization that promotes and supports education or enrichment programs for personal skills and lifelong learning
- Environmental Awareness, honoring an individual/organization that exhibits environmental sensitivity through innovative business practices or programs
- Business Innovation, recognizing a business/organization committed to improving or enhancing employee lives, product development, marketing or customer service
- Lifetime Service, honoring an individual who has made a lifelong commitment to the community as exemplified by their personal and/or business achievements
- Culture & Heritage, honoring an individual/organization whose practices promote island traditions and preserve Hawai‘i’s multicultural heritage
- Chamber Member of the Year, recognizing the individual who advocates, promotes, and supports the mission of the Chamber through active participation on committees, events, membership and/or community service
- Visitor Industry Marketing Award, presented each year to that person or group whose marketing program has substantially supported and furthered west Hawai‘i’s visitor industry
Award winners in each of the seven categories will be honored at the Chamber’s annual installation and awards luncheon at the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai on June 28.
Self-nominations are welcome and names of nominators will not be revealed.
Deadline to submit nomination forms to the Chamber office is 4 p.m. on May 24.
For more information contact the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce office at 329-1758.