East Hawaii News

Candle Causes Fire at Pepeekeo Home

April 1, 2013, 12:41 PM HST
* Updated April 1, 12:42 PM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio...
A
A
A

A candle was the cause of a fire that heavily damaged a house in Pepeekeo Saturday morning.

Firefighters arriving at the home at 28-0530 Kulaimano Road at 8:20 a.m. found the fire centered in the home’s two back bedrooms, a fire department spokesman said.

The occupants had safely exited the home.

Damage to the home was estimated at $84,000 to the home valued at $104,000.

It took 15 firefighters 25 minutes to extinguish the blaze, the spokesman said.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay in-the-know with daily or weekly
headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Cancel
Mahalo for Subscribing
×

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Big Island Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments