News

Residents Overcome by Exhaust Fumes From Pool Heater

January 28, 2013, 10:17 AM HST
* Updated January 28, 12:14 PM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio...
A
A
A

Two occupants of a home in Mauna Kea Properties in South Kohala were taken to the hospital late Sunday morning after apparently being overcome by fumes from a pool heater.

Paramedics responding to an 11:09 a.m. alarm found the two individuals unresponsive.

An investigation by a hazardous materials team from the fire department found a possible malfunction in the exhaust system for a heater for a swimming pool that fronted the two-story home.

The cause of the problem was corrected, the department said in a statement issued today, and the residents returned home.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay in-the-know with daily or weekly
headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Cancel
Mahalo for Subscribing
×

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Big Island Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments