Annual Billfish Tournament
in Need of Volunteers
Hawaiian International Billfish Tournament organizers are seeking volunteers to assist during the week-long tournament in August.
Richard Named Regional
Director of Sales at Starwood
David Richard was recently named Starwood Hotels & Resorts’ regional director of sales and marketing.
- Townsend Named Sierra Club Hawai’i Director
- Hawai’i Forest & Trail Grows into New Kona Headquarters
- PKP Confirms Old Navy Opening
TripAdvisor Names Village
Burger a Top Restaurant
Waimea’s Village Burger has been named among one of the top burger restaurants in the country by TripAdvisor.
High Fire Hawai’i |
Studio Art Classes on the Big Island
Learn all about Hawai’i art classes at the High Fire Hawaii Art studio, and more about their Big Island gallery in Hilo! They offer a variety of art classes and workshops for both kids and adults.
- 26th Annual ‘Turtle’ Independence Day
- Second Annual Summer Fest Quickly Approaches
- Kokua Kailua | Shop, Dine & Buy Local
- Turtle Talk with Kahalu’u Bay Education Center
Wong Falls Short
of All-Star Starting Bid
Miami’s Dee Gordon got nearly two million more fan votes than Kolten Wong, earning him the start at second base in next week’s MLB All-Star Game.
- Kona Alum Galdeira Taking Shot at Pro Career
- Ohana Shoreline Fishing Tournament Coming in August
- UH-Hilo Men’s Hoops Adds Five
‘I am Big Bird’
Makes its Big Island Debut Friday
“I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story” will make its Big Island debut on Friday, July 3 with four days of shows to follow.
- West Hawai’i Artists Invited to Submit Art
- ‘Imiloa to Feature ‘EPIC ORIGAMI,’ ‘Between the Fields’
- Campos to Present ‘A Crash Course in Comics and Film’
LETTER: Commercial Operations on Maunakea
“In these times of turmoil on Maunakea, it seems that commercial tour operators on the mountain easily become a target for criticism, being seen as ‘users’ of the mountain.”