June 27 Lava Flow Afternoon
Update – 10/25/14
Officials shared updates on the flow’s current path and its impact on the community in an afternoon briefing.
- Evacuations Likely as Lava Reaches Apa’a Street
- Waiakea’s Lisa Ishimoto Honored for Essay
- June 27 Lava Update – 10/24/14
- Police Release Oct. 24 List of Warrants
- Pahoa Transfer Station to Close Friday
- Reserve Officer McGuire Named Officer of the Month
- P.M. UPDATE: Lava Flow Advances Another 130 Yards
- Missing 36-Year-Old Woman Located
Matson to Reduce Fuel
Surcharges in Early November
Matson will be reducing Hawai’i and Guam/CNMI fuel surcharges by five percent beginning Nov. 2.
Balanced Attack Leads KS-Hawai’i
to BIIF DII Title Game
With the win, Kamehameha-Hawai’i will face Konawaena next week for the league championship and a spot in the state tournament.
- Time, Venue Change Made for UHH Road Soccer Matches
- Hilo’s Clay Signs With CFL’s Ottawa Redblacks
- BIIF FB Semifinal Schedule Adjusted…Again
Disney to Release ‘Moana’
Earlier Than Expected
Earlier this week, Walt Disney Animation Studios announced it’s moving the release of its next full-length animated movie, Moana, from 2018 to 2016.
- East Hawai’i Jazz and Blues Festival to Benefit Veterans
- Hilo Public Library to Host Keiki Pumpkin Contest
- Kahilu Theatre to Present Stars of American Ballet
VOLCANO WATCH – Start-and-Stop Nature of June 27 Lava Flow
Scientists describe the unpredictable nature of the June 27 lava flow and why it can create confusion.