Kona Man Found Guilty
of Crystal Meth Distribution
33-year-old Kali Lotoaiki Laulea of Kona faces up to 40 years in prison and a $5 million fine.
- Police Search for Missing Kona Teen
- June 27 Lava Flow Creeps Toward Kaohe Homesteads
- Keck Observatory Spots ‘Monster Galaxy’ Formation
- Big Island High Schools Among ‘Most Improved’
- Police Arrest 26 Motorists for DUI Offenses
- No Tsunami Advisory After 7.0 Peru Quake
- Search Underway for Another Hale Nani Escapee
- Civil Defense to Hold Pahoa Meetings on June 27 Lava Flow
Gasoline Prices Low
and Going Lower, Analysts Say
In March 2012, the average price of a gallon of regular gas in Hilo was at a record high of $4.66, said the AAA’s Fuel Gauge Report.
- Keith Vieira Named to Shidler College of Business Post
- Tropics Ale House Opens at Waikoloa Beach Resort
- Mauna Kea Hotel Earns Visitor Industry Plaudits
- ‘ALOHA PUNA’ Shirts Designed to Aid Recovery
Starbucks Debuts ‘La
Boulange’ Pastries Island-Wide
Coffee giant’s pastry selections being replaced as part of the company’s buyout of a San Francisco bakery chain.
- REVIEW: Kilauea Military Camp – Cold War Cuisine
- Conscious Culture Cafe Now Booching on Kalakaua Avenue
UHH Volleyball Picked
11th in PWC Preseason Poll
With five seniors and a talented group of sophomores, Tino Reyes expects marked improvement from his volleyball squad in 2014.
- Hilo’s Yanagi Among Winners at Hualalai Junior Classic
- Sloss Steps Down from UHH Tennis Program
- Hilo High Alum Clay Cut by Green Bay
- BIIF FB Weekend Preview: HPA, Waiakea Look for Strong Rebound
Festival in Liliuokalani
Park Honors the Queen
The Festival celebrates the Queen’s Birthday and pays tribute to the historical significance of the Lili’uokalani Gardens.
LETTER: Councilman Onishi Offers Thanks for Kokua Puna Efforts
“Mahalo to all of the employees of the County of Hawai`i who helped with hurricane relief efforts by collecting and donating 809 pounds of food, water, and supplies for Kokua Puna.”