Park Patrons Credited
With Grabbing Alleged Kidnapper
Police said Keahi Sale, the object of an intense manhunt Saturday, was held by bystanders at Spencer Beach Park after the kidnapping victim called out for help.
- Hawaii Supreme Court to Hold Session in Kona
- Brushfire South of Punaluu Beach Under Control
- Corporation Counsel Lincoln Ashida Headed to Law Firm
- Kapiolani Street Extension Moving Forward
- Holualoa Resident, 54, Drowned Off North Kona Beach
- Three Parker School Debaters Qualify for National Tournament
- Police Seeking Missing Pahoa Teenager
- Fellowship Named for Big Island Botanist Lani Stemmermann
Big Island Rubbish:
Enough To Go Around?
A private developer’s plan for a waste-to-energy plant in West Hawaii could impact Hawaii County’s plan for waste reduction in Hilo.
Pahoa HS Shows Interest
in 8-Man Football for 2014
The addition of a third 8-man football team on the Big Island would allow the sport to be sanctioned under the BIIF.
- Defensive Errors Doom Vulcans in Fourteen Inning Thriller
- Kurokawa’s Four-Hit Shutout Ends Vulcans’ Losing Skid
- APU Offense Explodes in Series Opening Win Over UH-Hilo
OPINION: Treat Little Fire
Ants Like the Threat They Are
The little fire ant poses an enormous problem for Hawaii and should be treated accordingly — the sooner the better.
A Touch of Gold headline the
10th Annual Girls’ Day Diva Festival
The University of Hawaii at Hilo Performing Arts Center presents the 10th Annual Girls’ Day Diva Festival on Sunday, March 2 beginning at 3 p.m. on the Campus Center Plaza.
- Event Calendar
Events For Thursday 04/24/2014
@ 'Imiloa Astronomy Center
‘Ōiwi TV presents its new film, “Nā Loea: The Masters,” about one man’s dedication to the art of canoe building, and a skilled Moloka‘i fisherman's journey of cultural re-discovery. Hōkū Zuttermeister performs at 1 p.m. Tickets $8, call 969-9703.
@ Sangha Hall
21st annual Merrie Monarch Week Hawaii Arts, Crafts & Food Festival, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Visit www.hawaiiartsandcraftsfestival.com or call 981-0518.
@ Kings' Shops at the Waikoloa Beach Resort
Free petroglyph tour 9:30-10:30 a.m. Meet at Center Court Stage across from TIffany & Co.
@ University of Hawaii at Hilo
Live music, food and film to raise community awareness of environmental issues. Campus UCB 100, 6-9 p.m. Films at 7.