Cook Man Faces 21 Charges
The Hawai’i Police Department has arrested and charged a 19-year-old Captain Cook man with 21 offenses.
- Public Notice of Aircraft Use at HVNP
- Governor Ige’s State of the State Address
- Subaru Hawai’i Donates to Local Non-Profit
- UPDATE: West Hawai’i Beaches Begin to Reopen
- June 27 Lava Flow Update – 1/26/15
- Jaggar Museum Revises Operating Hours
- June 27 Lava Flow Update – 1/25/15
- Garrett Dahlin Charged in Hilo Fatal Stabbing
Unemployment Rate Leveled
Off Between Nov. and Dec. 2014
According to the Department of Labor & Industrial Relations, the unemployment rate in the state remained consistent at 4 percent in December.
Jackie Rey’s Ohana Grill
– All Occasions Big Island Dining
Jackie Rey’s Oahana Grill offers a competitively priced menu full of locally sourced foods with a diverse Pacific Rim/Continental style.
Must-Do Hikes to
Big Island Beaches
The Big Island offers an array of hiking opportunities, perhaps some of the best in the world.
- See and Swim With Manta Rays in Kona
- Wailuku River State Park Mornings, Downtown Hilo Afternoons
- Where To Do Yoga On The Big Island
- Whale Watch From Big Island Shorelines
Tre Johnson Earns
PWC Weekly Defensive Award
UH-Hilo junior Tre Johnson swatted away a career-best six shots on Saturday to help UH-Hilo get a win to close out a four-game road stretch.
- Konawaena Survives Honoka’a Scare
- KS-Hawai’i Survives Late Charge to Hold Off Waiakea
- Field Set For Champions Tour Event at Hualalai
Voice from the Wa’a
A wayfinding talk, Voice from the Wa’a, will be held Friday at the ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center. Keala Kahuanui will discuss her duties aboard the Hōkūle’a.
VOLCANO WATCH: Boots on the Ground, Eyes in the Sky
In this week’s Volcano Watch, HVO discusses how scientists track lava flow activity from the air and from the ground.