Lava Lake at Kilauea
Summit Nears Rim
Kilauea’s summit continues to inflate, causing a rise in lave lake level. As of Monday morning, the lake was 7 feet from the crater rim.
- Hawai’i Red Cross’ ‘Hearts Go Out’ to Nepal
- Scheduled Lane Closures: April 27-May 1
- Lava Lake Activity at Kilauea Summit Fluctuates
- HPD Investigates Hele-On Stabbing
- Four Attempt Overnight Escape at HCCC
- Mauna Kea Hui Responds to OHA Statement
- Senate Confirms Case to Chair DLNR
- Police Seeking Missing Kona Man
of Horizon Lines Cleared
The Pasha Group has been cleared by the United States Department of Justice to complete its aquisition of Horizon Lines, Inc.
- Blue Hawaiian Names New President
- Blue Zones Project Names New VP
- Big Island’s Epic ‘Waterfalling Estate’ Reduced to $8.2 Million
- Kaiser Welcomes New Big Island Physician
Food and Fashion Event
to Benefit Local Non-Profit
A fashion show and gourmet food event will be held at The Shops at Mauna Lani on May 3 to benefit Arc of Kona.
Waipio Valley Offers
the Seen and Unseen
Waipio Valley is the largest rift on the Big Island offering breathtaking views and a subtle magic in its depths.
- Green Sand Beach Offers Hiking and Scenic Views
- National Park Offering Guided Hikes Through Kahuku
- Hawai’i CC and UH-Hilo Earth Day Fair
- Army Earth Day Event Planned at PTA
From Worst to First:
Hilo Captures BIIF DI Title
Five consecutive wins, including two against regular season champion Waiakea, propelled Hilo to the 2014 BIIF Division I Baseball Overall Championship.
Free Comic Book
Day at Public Libraries
Three Big Island public l ibraries will participate in the worldwide annual Free Comic Book Day.
- Honoka‘a Western Week Rides Into Town May 17
- Paradise Roller Girls Prepare to take on the Hulagans
- UH-Hilo Screening of ‘The Hunting Ground’
VOLCANO WATCH: Keeling Curve Recognized
In this week’s Volcano Watch, Hawaiian Volcano Observatory discusses Mauna Loa Observatory and the Keeling Curve.