Sought by Police
A 43-year-old Hamakua man is being sought by the Hawai’i Police Department on a bench warrant for contempt of court.
- Puʻu ʻŌʻō Activity ‘Normal’ on Monday
- Flood Advisory Issued Through 4:45 p.m
- Finance Committee to Review pCard Bill Tuesday
- Hawai’i CC – Pālamanui Informational Meeting
- Police Search for Missing Teen
- Late Night ‘Lights’ Likely Cosmos 1315 Payload
- Scheduled Road Closures Aug. 31 – Sept. 4
- UPDATE: Ignacio Will Pass Above the Big Island
Big Island Fuel
Costs Drop Drastically
Fuel prices across the island have decreased dramatically over the past week, in some cases by an entire quarter.
- ‘Teledermatology’ Offered by UnitedHealthcare
- Big Island Tourism Grew in July
- First Natural Farming Symposium Comes to Hilo
Cold Cucumber Soup
Creamy Cold Cucumber Soup is perfect for a warm weather meal.
HVNP: August, September
Kahuku Unit Events
Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park, as part of its “Find Your Park” campaign, invites the public to join in on August and September Kahuku Unit events and HVNP guided hikes.
- BI Running Co. | Tuesday Trot: 5k Fun Run & Walk
- Personal Retreats & Workshops At Kalani Retreat Center
- High Fire Hawai’i | Studio Art Classes on the Big Island
- Kokua Kailua | Shop, Dine & Buy Local
Kealakehe Rides Momentum
Wave to Comeback Win
Despite a 20-point deficit in the first quarter, the Kealakehe Waveriders clawed back to open the BIIF regular season with a victory over Kamehameha-Hawai’i.
Hawai’i Preparatory Academy’s free Community Book Club will feature “All the Light We Cannot See” by Anthony Doerr.
- Over 400 Will Dance at Queen Lili’uokalani Festival
- ‘Eddie O’ Back on Big Island Airwaves
- Roast & Roots: Music, Local Food, and Coffee
LETTER: United Public Workers
“I am very annoyed by the UPW’s slickly produced ads that state healthcare is people.”