Four Charged with
Drug Offenses in Hōlualoa
Three men and women arrested and charged after HPD served a search warrant and recovered illegal drugs and a firearm.
- Navy Part of Search for Missing Big Island Hiker
- Governor Ige Nominates Hidano as Deputy Director of Accounting and General Services
- Free Concert Event Honoring Kamehameha III at Keauhou Bay
- Officer Hopson Named ‘Officer of the Month’
- Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of Late Rep. Carroll
- HPD to Hold Puna Community Meeting
- June 27 Lava Flow Update – 3/5/15
- Criminal Property Damage Charge Included in Church Arson
Pier 1 Imports
Hilo Opening March 20
Pier 1 Imports is slated to open on March 20.
- WalletHub Studies Best/Worst Environments for Women
- Hawaiian Electric Receives National Smart Grid Award
- Costco Transitions Between Credit Card Partners
Kona Brewers Festival Serving
Craft Beers and Entertainment Mar. 14
Best breweries and local restaurants serving food and drink at celebration and benefit event.
- Dine with IHOP March 3 and Get Free Pancakes for Children’s Cause
- Kamana Kitchen Now Serving Traditional Indian Cuisine in Hilo
Experience a Guided Tour
of Volcano National Park and Beyond
Take a guided tour of waterfalls, lava tubes, live volcanic craters and more in this day-long trip offered by KapohoKine Adventures.
- Adventure through Ancient Polynesia to Modern Maunakea
- ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center in Hilo
- Flamingos & Monkeys & An Albino Zebra? Oh My!
- Swim With Dolphins in Hawai’i
Tre Johnson Lands
on All-PacWest Second Team
UH-Hilo forward Tre Johnson led his team in points and rebounds and was key in the Vulcans’ upsets of BYU-Hawai’i and Dixie State during the season.
- Konawaena Alum Galdeira Earns All-Pac-12 Honors
- Vulcan Men End Season with OT Loss
- Eight Bid Aloha in Season-Ending Victory for Vulcan Women
Film Productions Workshops
Hosted at University of Hawaii at Hilo
Dawnrunner Productions crew presenting two workshops covering the ABC’s of film production and distribution.
- Quicksilver will take the Stage at Kahilu
- Kahilu Theatre Presenting “The Brave” from New Zealand
- HPA Community Book Club Meeting Set for March 12
LETTER: Island-Wide Fiber-Optic Lines Needed
“Hawaiian Telcom’s main fiber-optic trunk cable for West Hawaii was damaged three times over the past year (twice in the same week).”