Circuit Court Grants Partial
Motion Invalidating Emergency Rule
The Circuit Court of the Third Circuit granted a partial motion Friday for summary judgement that has the effect of invalidating the Mauna Kea emergency rule.
- Fallen Trees Cause Closure of Nāmakanipaio
- Military Convoys Scheduled for Weekend Travel
- HVNP Announces October Flight Operations
- DOE: Public School Attendence Rates Steady
- New Sea Cucumber Harvest Rule in the Works
- Attempt Car Theft at UH-Hilo Being Investigated
- Police Release Oct. 9 Arrest Warrants
- NWHI Monk Seal Pup Count, Survival Rates Up in 2015
Hawaiian Air Drops
in Air Travel Report
Hawaiian Airlines President and Chief Executive Officer Mark Dunkerly attributes the drop on changes at Honolulu International Airport.
- ‘Fuel Your School’ Benefits Classroom Projects
- Real Estate Brokerages Launch Community Giving Fund
- Big Island Gas Averages Go Flat
Merriman Preps for
Launch of First Cookbook
Big Island chef Peter Merriman is preparing for the December 2015 launch of his anticipated cookbook, “Merriman’s Hawai’i, The Chef, The Farmer, The Food, The Island.”
One of a Kind: Pana’ewa
Rainforest Zoo and Gardens
Pana’ewa Rainforest Zoo and Gardens is situated on 12 acres of prime rainforest land just outside of Hilo.
- October Hawaiian Cultural & After Dark in the Park Events
- Rainbow Falls: A Picturesque Hilo Escape
- Sightseeing on Hawai’i Island
- BI Running Co. | Tuesday Trot: 5k Fun Run & Walk
Tackles Kona as Ironman Ambassador
Actor Sean Astin hopes to use his platform as an Ironman Ambassador to benefit elementary after school running programs.
- Former HawCC Chancellor Named to Polynesian FB HOF
- Underpants Run a Thursday Ironman Tradition
- Ironkids Dip-n-Dash Brings Out Best in Young Athletes
- Cupcakes Aside: Millward Prepares for First Kona Iromnan
Lanihau Center to Hold ‘Cruise
Like MADD’ Event
A car show in support of Mother’s Against Drunk Driving will take place at the Lanihau Center on Saturday, Oct. 17 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
VOLCANO WATCH: 2006 Kīholo Bay Earthquakes
In this week’s Volcano Watch, Hawaiian Volcano Observatory discusses lessons learned from the 2006 Kīholo Bay earthquakes.