Responsible, along with the Vice President of Information Systems, for administering the Credit Union’s core financial system and its interfaces to 3rd party systems, maintaining the core system’s job scheduling system, creating reports from the core system’s database and supporting core system users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Data Processing Systems Operations and Support
• Support the core financial system, its applications and interfaces.
• Work closely with vendors and support of 3rd party applications.
• Maintain the core system job scheduler and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all jobs.
• Plan, test and work with vendors and the VP of IT to perform all core operating system and application upgrades.
• Work with vendors and the VP of IT to maintain the core system hardware.
• Work with vendors and the VP of IT to plan, test, implement and maintain the core system interfaces to 3rd party systems.
• Work with vendors and the VP of IT to plan and execute annual disaster recovery testing for the core and inter- faced systems.
• Complete ad hoc reporting requests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
• Requires attention to detail, concentration, logical thinking, good judgment and responsiveness in a timely manner.
• Has a working knowledge of the credit union philosophy, history, organization, bylaws, and operational procedures.
• Is able to handle projects by prioritizing projects and meet deadlines.
• Is able to work well with people.
• Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
• Is able to apply basic mathematical skills.
• Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
• Is able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and other organizations.
• Is available for occasional business travel, including land and air travel.
• Is able to occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull items weighing up to 20 pounds.
• Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
• Is able to occasionally reach or climb a ladder to reach upper shelving.
• Is able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Is able to move around the office on surfaces primarily of carpet.
• May be required to work at different branches.
• May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
• May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
• May be required to use his/her personal car to perform credit union business.
• Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High school graduate / GED or equivalent with four (4) years of experience in information field in a credit union or other financial institution; or
• Graduate of an accredited college or university with three (3) years of experience in information field in a credit union or other financial institution; or
• Business College graduate with two (2) years of experience in information field in a credit union or other financial institution.
• Previous experiences with UNIX preferred.
• Working knowledge of PC computer systems, Windows operating systems, and Windows based software.
The full job description is posted on our website: www.hicommfcu.com