Kona Community Hospital holding first annual Empowering Caregiver Resource Fair
Kona Community Hospital’s Project Care Committee will hold its first annual Empowering Caregiver Resource Fair at the Kona Hongwanji Social Hall on Sept.r 30 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The primary goal of this free community event is to address a growing trend observed at the hospital: caregivers of kupuna, ill or injured, often lack the knowledge and resources to provide care for their loved ones at home.
By offering this free educational conference and outreach, Project Care aims to empower caregivers to:
- Prevent hospitalization of their loved ones,
- Shorten hospitalization durations of their loved ones when applicable,
- Facilitate efficient discharge processes to the appropriate level of care and
- Ensure that caregivers prioritize their own self-care.
Community organizations will be featured speakers at this event covering essential topics,
- Caring for our Kupuna with Alzheimer’s, presented by Alzheimer’s Association
- Advance Health Care Directives presented by Community First Hawai’i
- Financial Considerations for Kupuna Care presented by KCH Patient Financial Services Department
- Understanding Levels of Care and Respite presented by the KCH Case Management Department
Attendees will gain valuable knowledge and make new connections to resources in the
The hospital will also launch its Medical Folders. This tool serves as a centralized resource for caregivers to store vital medical information about their loved ones, accessible in emergencies and further streamlining emergency response efforts.
RSVP today for the event by contacting 808-322-4559 or visit