Hawaiʻi Restaurant Association seeks nominations for Hall of Fame and Restaurant Industry Awards
The Hawaiʻi Restaurant Association is seeking nominations for its Hall of Fame and Restaurant Industry Awards.
The Hawaiʻi Restaurant Association Hall of Fame and Restaurant Industry Awards celebrates the accomplishments of outstanding restaurateurs, leaders and chefs who have made lasting, substantial and distinctive contributions to the restaurant and food service industry in Hawaiʻi.
These contributions demonstrate leadership and vision and are widely recognized in local, national or international communities. Members of the Hall of Fame and Restaurant Industry Awards include those who have:
- Helped enhance the image and quality of Hawaiʻi’s restaurant and food service industry.
- Provided service to the industry through civic, philanthropic or educational outreach.
- Demonstrated dedication and commitment to the growth of the industry.
- 20 years of service or more with at least 5 years as a restaurant operator or owner.
The public can nominate someone for the Hawaiʻi Restaurant Association’s 2023 Hall of Fame and Restaurant Industry Awards by clicking here. Nominations end June 15.
2023 award categories:
- Active Restaurateur: Recognizes exceptional restaurateurs currently active in the Hawaiʻi restaurant industry.
- Pioneer: Celebrates leaders of the Hawaiʻi restaurant industry for their significant contributions throughout their careers.
- Local Champion: Honors individuals who demonstrate leadership in supporting local foods and beverages throughout their careers, making their restaurants a special experience through ingredient selection, collaboration with farmers, and celebration of local pride.
- Industry Award: Acknowledges individuals who have demonstrated exceptional professionalism and made their restaurants a special experience for customers as chefs, servers, managers, or bartenders.
- Friend/Supporter/Allied Partner of the Industry: Recognizes individuals who have provided exceptional support to the restaurant industry, whether as suppliers, educators, writers, reporters, or politicians, making a valuable contribution to the Hawaiʻi hospitality industry through their work as allied/supplier partners.
The honorees will be celebrated at a special gala on Sept. 18 at the Sheraton Waikīkī Hotel.
For questions, call: 808-944-9105.