Hawaiʻi County announces 2023 summer programs for keiki, teens at 22 locations
The 2023 Summer Program for keiki and teenagers will be held at 22 locations across the Big Island, announced the Hawaiʻi County Department of Parks and Recreation.
All Summer Fun and teen programs will be six weeks from June 5 to July 14.
- Hilo District Sites: Kawānanakoa Center, Pana‘ewa Park, Andrews Gym, Hilo Armory and Gilbert Carvalho Park
- Hāmākua District Sites: Pāpa‘ikou Gym and Honoka‘a Sports Complex.
‘Ike Pono – Hāmākua, a new and innovative program for 3rd to 8th graders, will be a 2-week session held at the following facilities: Kula‘imano Community Center, Honomū Gym and Pāpa’aloa Annex.
- North/South Kohala District Sites: Spencer “Kalani” Schutte District Park, Hisaoka Gym and Pu‘u Nui Park.
- North/South Kona District Sites: Kekuaokalani Gym and Yano Hall.
- Puna/Ka‘ū District Sites: Nā‘ālehu Community Center, Robert N. Herkes Ka‘ū District Gym, Kea‘au Armory and William “Billy” Kenoi District Park
Teenage programs will be offered at the Pu‘u‘eo Community Center, Pāpa‘ikou Gym and the Spencer “Kalani” Schutte District Park.
The ‘Ike Kai program at Richardson Ocean Park will engage children ages 8 to 12 in various areas of the ocean. There will be three 2-week sessions available.
Detailed program information, including program hours, registration dates, cost and age groups, as well as summer employment can be found online by clicking here.
For more information, contact the respective Hawai‘i County recreation facility or the department’s recreation division office in Hilo at 808-961-8740.